Monday, January 19, 2015

This week was super awesome! I don’t know where to start but a lot of good things happened!  To start off on Tuesday we had super divisions in the zone and I stayed with a newer elder from St George and it was a good division.  He is a great elder and is way into cross country so we could talk for a little bit about that and fun getting to know him.  The next day we had the round table with the President and it was really good. Its super crazy to see the changes the mission has made in this last year! We had more than 200 baptisms in the year of 2014 than in 2013 that was super cool to.  My companion and I had to teach about planning and it actually went very smooth and it was way fun. Afterwards president and I talked and we talked about quite a few things. President Jordan really is a great mission president.

We had the Baptism of Edgar this week! That was just the coolest thing ever to see the changes that this man has made in his life.  And on Sunday, Miguel, the guy who got baptized a couple weeks got the priesthood.   I was so pumped for these guys.  I love missionary work!  This last week in the mornings has been really cold. I haven’t done exercise for a while just because it is so cold in the morning.

I went to another city to do a division and do a baptism interview for the elders over there. With a new elder from American Fork. It’s always fun doing divisions with new elders.   We gave a lot of blessings this week, most were for health and all the people we blessed that which they needed came to pass. This helped me gain a greater understanding of the power of the priesthood.  

We spent quite a bit of time walking in the deserted country side in the pitch dark.  It’s crazy how even though I have had some bad experiences in the past with walking in the dark in Mexico I still go without a thought and have faith that it will be fine.  I’ve been studying the Pearl of Grand Price and it helped me understand a lot about our origin and all that happened.  It increased my understanding.  I love this work and my Savior.  I know this is truly where I’m supposed to be and at this time. I’m really trying to deepen my relationship with Heavenly Father through my prayers. I hope you can all search for experiences that uplift you and that you truly search revelation and understanding. As you do so you will see things that you didn’t see before and understand things that you never imagined.  I love you all so very much and hope the best.

Elder Vince Miller 


No comments:

Post a Comment